Our Summer Music Program looks a little different for 2018!
Adult Choir Camp will be taking a hiatus from its traditional form this year. Instead, we are offering a different kind of program, based on ongoing requests.
THE LANGUAGE OF MUSIC – Music Theory for the Community Musician
REGISTRATION DEADLINE MAY 31, 2018. ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED.
Are you a singer or musician aspiring to improve your music-reading skills? Would you like to understand more about the languages of notation, dynamics, rhythm, melody and harmony? If you’ve ever asked any of the questions below, register for this year’s Coastal Sounds Summer Music Program, developed just for you, based on your musical needs and experience.
- What is music theory?
- What does it mean to sight-read?
- What are those markings on the page?
- How does music-reading skill enhance learning and performance?
We can now confirm the following dates and times for this course. We are offering TWO SEPARATE SECTIONS, both out of Topsail United Church:
- Wednesday, July 4, 7-9pm
- Wednesday, July 11, 7-9pm
- Wednesday, July 18, 7-9pm
- Wednesday, July 25, 7-9pm
- Tuesday, July 10, 7-9pm
- Tuesday, July 17, 7-9pm
- Tuesday, July 24, 7-9pm
- Tuesday, July 31, 7-9pm
In order to most effectively address each participant’s needs, we’re placing a cap of 15 registrants per section. If we near 15 people in both sections, we will consider a third section at a mutually agreeable time. Should your availability not match up with the above, feel free to let us know. While we can’t guarantee that we can accommodate classes outside of this schedule, we are willing to consider it if the need is there. The minimum registration for each section to go ahead is 5 people.
The cost to participate is $75. This includes instruction, learning materials and a few extras.
We look forward to sharing a different kind of Summer Music Program with you this year! And if you’re a fan of our traditional Adult Choir Camp, not to fret, it’s not going away, just taking a break this year. 🙂
2017 REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
Coastal Sounds Summer Music Program is proud to announce its fourth annual event! This year’s Adult Choir Camp will take place August 14-18, 2017 at Topsail United Church in Conception Bay South, NL.
What is Adult Choir Camp?
The Coastal Sounds Choir Association believes everyone can, and everyone deserves to sing! To that end, all interested adults are welcome to attend, regardless of experience level. Singing is one of the most intimate, enjoyable, and healthy things we can do for ourselves. Singing together in particular is simply an experience like no other.
“I enjoyed meeting like-minded people, the variety of tunes, the methodology, the intensity of the instruction. Most of all I gained so much confidence.”
- Regular group and sectional rehearsals and vocal instruction culminating in a casual, free concert on Friday evening in support of the CBS/Paradise Food Bank;
- Your own music to keep;
- Intensive learning in a fun and supportive environment;
- Various music and physical workshops, as well as social activities offered throughout the week;
- Water, lunch and snacks every day, as well as an early evening welcome reception following the first day’s activities;
- An opportunity to share the joy of choral singing with friends old & new;
- The beautiful backdrop of Conception Bay!
View the 2016 Schedule so you can get an idea of how the week will run. This year’s schedule is currently being developed and will be posted soon.
“It exceeded my expectations. I worked harder than I have ever worked during a week of vacation, and enjoyed it more. I didn’t actually believe that we were going to be able to perform all of the pieces by the end of the week, but we were and we did!”
Is Adult Choir Camp for me?
This program is for you if you answer YES! to any of the questions below:
- Do you love to sing, or do you want to get back into singing?
- Do you want to learn new techniques to improve your singing?
- Do you value or desire fellowship, friendship & community?
- Are you wondering whether choir is something you should try?
- Are you seeking MORE opportunities to sing in a choir?
- Are you unable to commit to a year-round rehearsal schedule?
- Are you from the area and looking for a stay-at-home vacation?
- Are you planning a trip to the area and looking to enhance your stay?
- Are you looking for a unique experience to share with a friend or family member?
“Seeing how it came together as we practiced each song. It was a wonderful feeling of accomplishment. Nice to see the people I knew from last year.”
How do I sign up?
The 2017 deadline and fees are below. You may make payment by sending an e-mail transfer through your online banking to email@example.com or by cheque mailed to PO Box 20025 CBS Hwy, CBS, NL A1W 3L1. Please make cheques payable to Coastal Sounds, and indicate “Choir Camp” in the memo line.
Registration Deadline: July 1, 2017
Registration Fee: $250 per participant
“I enjoyed strangers turning into a choral group in five days.”
Where can I learn more?
Check out the links below for more information: